Because of Amazon, it’s never been less demanding to end up an online retailer. Thanks to supportive services like Fulfillment-by-Amazon (FBA) and Amazon Seller Central which help to maintain your whole business on autopilot! Amazon Seller Central allows virtually anyone to become an online retailer, without having to build a website, deal with SEO or even handle payments like most e-commerce stores do.
This article will give you an outline of the things you’ll have to know to take advantage of Amazon Seller Central when utilizing Fulfillment By Amazon (FBA). What is Amazon and how you can begin with Amazon? Moreover, I’ll demonstrate you cool approaches to discover items to offer on Amazon, What it means to sell on Amazon as an individual vendor (rather than as a business merchant). Plus, with its FBA program, sellers need not worry about packaging, shipping or returns- this all will be handled by Amazon only.
Some of the primary subjects include:
- What is Amazon Seller Central & How to set up an Amazon Seller Account?
- How to sell on Amazon?
- Where do I find products to sell through Amazon Seller Central?
- Can I sell on Amazon as an individual seller?
- Advantages of Amazon Seller Account with FBA
- What is FBA & How does it Work?
- Pros & Cons for Amazon Sellers using FBA
- Additional Tips for being profitable as an Amazon Seller
1. What is Amazon Seller & How to set up an Amazon Seller Account
Amazon Seller Central is a background tool for Amazon Business & Individual sellers to manage orders, list products, find tools to manage inventory, track profit and continue to grow their business on Amazon. To sell on Amazon, you will need to have an Amazon Seller Central account registered for which you need to follow quite simple registration process listed below for your reference:
- Go to https://services.amazon.com
- Scroll down the page, wherein Footer section you will find an option “Sell on Amazon”
- You will be navigated to a page where you can choose which kind of seller account you would like to start with: “Sell as a Professional” or “Sell as an Individual”
- Enter your Email Id & select an option “Create a New Account”
- After providing email id, you need to provide your personal details & create a password.
- After that, you need to name your business and accept the terms & conditions
- Along with that, you need to provide all of your business information
- Once it’s done, you are set to provide the billing & deposit details to get in Amazon.
2. How to sell on Amazon
You can offer about anything you need through Amazon Seller Central. After all, Amazon has an inventory with a large number of items. Some of those items are fresh new items from big & huge brand names. While others are utilized items, collectibles, and handmade things. Amazon customers can purchase anything from digital books to computer games.
The simplest method to get started if you want to sell your products on Amazon is to sell the things that you have lying around the house you never again require. In fact, this is how a lot of sellers start as Amazon seller. You can offer used books, old crockeries, and even gadgets you no longer need.
3. Where do I find products to sell through Amazon Seller Central?
Here are some of the most popular methods of finds products to sell on Amazon:
- Real Arbitrage: You purchase items in retail stores at a value that is lower than the product with the lowest Amazon price and resell the purchased item on Amazon. This technique has a very little investment.
- Online Arbitrage: You can purchase products online on other websites with the price lower than the lowest price of the product on Amazon & resell the same on Amazon.
Wholesaling: Like retail or online arbitrage, with the exception that you need to purchase in bulk, discounted items to resell on Amazon.
- Private Label: One of the most popular methods & a strategy of creating your own particular brand of products, creating a new listing on Amazon, and earning a steady, passive income. While there’s more learning that comes with this method, ultimately it’s less time consuming, far more profitable, and potentially comes with less competition.
4. Can I sell on Amazon as an individual seller?
Yes obviously, you can offer items through Amazon Seller Central as an individual seller. There is no need to have a business set up. With an Individual Seller account, you still need to file taxes as usual but you can do everything through your SSN (Social Security Number) or other accepted identification number.
As listed above in the registration process that there are two types of Amazon merchants. To start with, there are Individual sellers who sell items on Amazon more as a hobby than a genuine side gig or profession. On another hand, there are expert sellers (Professional Sellers) who offer items professionally. Typically these are private label sellers or wholesalers who are offering items in excess.
5. Advantages of Amazon Seller Account with FBA
Utilizing Amazon’s FBA program is another approach to enhance your outcomes as a seller. Not only it cut down on the time & assets spent packing and dispatching every one of your orders, but it also takes the tedious returns process off your hands.
This helps you to utilize the time you saved in improving other things like – promotions & marketing, purchasing stock, exploring competitors etc. Make sure to utilize that time carefully; it’s asset non-FBA sellers don’t get.
6. What is FBA & How does it Work?
Amazon FBA stands for Fulfillment-by-Amazon. It is a service offered by Amazon to enable sellers to store stock, pick, pack, and ship inventory in their fulfillment center network. Besides, this is for a little cost. Truth be told, the genuine cost to store and ship things through Amazon’s FBA arrange has a tendency to be significantly less than the cost to transport an item yourself since Amazon has greatly low shipment rates.
Furthermore, the majority of the items which you offer through Amazon FBA come with the Prime identification. That implies that your items get all the advantages of Prime, including 2-3 day shipping, higher conversation rates, and a superior shot of being seen on the product list.
Now let me share that how do FBA works?
With FBA, the seller is basically just required to mark and ship units to an Amazon distribution center (Warehouse). This is done through Seller Central, where FBA stock can be monitored & tracked by the seller.
When Amazon gets and examines in the units, those items are instantly accessible available to be purchased. From that point, Amazon handles stockpiling, bundling, transportation, and client benefit for the shipper.
7. Pros & Cons for Amazon Sellers using FBA
FBA enables clients to develop their business and achieve more clients. Through free 2-day shipping, sellers can expand deals and save money.
The best advantages of FBA are:
- Discounted Shipping Rates
- Customer Service & Return Management
- Multichannel Amazon Fulfillment
- Customer Experience
- Name of Amazon with your brand
- Additional fees for long-term storage & managing inventory
- Sales Tax Compliance
- Preparing items for Amazon
8. Additional Tips for being profitable as an Amazon Seller
Overall, utilizing your Amazon Seller Central and FBA features can absolutely help boost your productivity & profitability as a seller, but if you truly need to make big bucks, you’ll need a couple of different tips and traps also. You should use Amazon sellers tools such as Amazon sales tracker, Amazon inventory management, Amazon keyword listing, Bestseller rank tracking, Amazon order management system and Amazon refund tracker.
You must follow the below steps:
- Choose your niche carefully – and know it well.
- Don’t Forget Marketing & promotion
- Offer sales, promotions & holiday specials
Looking for more tips & secrets to becoming successful Amazon Seller? Check this: 5 Secrets to Become Successful Seller on Amazon